Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's Pinewood Derby Day!


Last weekend was the Powder Puff Derby for the Girl Scouts, this weekend it is the Pinewood Derby for the Boy Scouts. My son has a tough act to follow as last week my Daisy Scout won First Place in the Daisy/Brownie division, and came *thisclose* to winning the Championship Race.

This is her car, The Spark-il-icous:

Last night they were testing the track and her car beat all the past winners! We told him that he should just redecorate her car and race that......I know I know.....that's against the rules! He is going to race his tank. We'll see what happens!

(PS I am *really angry* about what is happening with education in New Jersey....but I can't talk about it right now. Maybe tomorrow.....)

2 comments:

Derby Monkey said...

Congrats to your Daisy Scout, and Spark-il-icous, for first place in their division. That is a huge trophy!!!

I have found that girls enjoy the Pinewood Derby just as much, and sometimes even more, than the boys do. I hope she races and wins again next year.

Unknown said...

What is happening to educations in NJ?