Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Public Service Announcement......Let's Talk Mascara


Let's take a break from jewelry for a minute so I can tell you a story. A few weeks ago I am sitting in my dermatologists office, just minding my own business waiting my turn like everyone else. This older woman leans over to me and says, "Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but can I ask you a question?" Sure, I tell her. Then she says, "Isn't it a big pain to put on false eyelashes every morning? Isn't it time consuming?" I then tell her that my eyelashes aren't false but my own, which leads to the next question, "What mascara do you use?"

I get that a lot. The mascara question. I have been blessed with really great eyelashes. I can use any mascara and they come out incredibly long and dark and thick. I don't know why. They don't start out that way. Without mascara they are fairly long, but fine and light colored. But with mascara, WOW! Transformation. And it really can be any......from the $1.00 Wet n' Wild, to Givenchy. BUT, since I get the question so often, I am going to reveal my top favorites in the Expensive and the Not-So-Expensive categories. Ready? Write this down.

Number One in the Expensive Category: DiorShow Iconic Mascara

LOVE this mascara.....and at 27 bucks a pop, I'd better! Never clumpy, never flakey, doesn't have that "dry" look, if you know what I mean. I've heard this one can run, but I've never had that problem. Super volumizing, and I like the brush. (That's a big thing with me.) You can also sign up to be a Dior Diva, which I just like saying I am, so there's another selling point for ya.

Number One in the Not-So-Expensive Category: CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe

I like the one in the pink tube.....I don't really see the platinum "luxe" they are talking about, (my 6 year old swears *she* does) but at least the tube is really pretty. Seriously though, I like the pink tube better than the orange tube version, so I guess the luxe does something. This is one is veeeery close to the DiorShow Iconic~~ it really gives almost the same long, lush look, it just takes a few more applications to get it there. This one also has a brush I like. The only thing I am *not* crazy about is that sometimes when I am putting it I get mascara on my eyelids, very close to the lash line, even when I am super careful. That's so not cool. I've learned to carry Q-Tips. The happy part is it is only about $7.00 AND you can buy it at Target, or Wal-Mart, and even Shop Rite. Bonus!


So, there you have it. And by the way, the woman in the dermatologists office was just the nicest person I've met in awhile. We talked about everything and anything. I wish I got her email or something. Maybe she's reading this and saying to herself, "I remember her!!"

Oh, and by the way, I make jewelry. Click the link after the jump to see it.

I make jewelry

No comments: