Thursday, September 11, 2008

Please take a minute to remember....

As you all know, today is a very sad day. It is an especially sad one for where I live and used to teach~~ less than an hour to New York City by train, about 40 minutes to Newark airport. Todd Beamer's family live down the street from my friend, everyone knows someone in New York that day.....my own brother was in a building down the street from the towers and had to walk home over the bridge.....I was 8 months pregant, just dropped my 3rd grade class off at gym on the third day of school.....had to pretend the rest of the day nothing was wrong, as many of their parents worked in the city....you get the idea.

Please take a minute to remember those lost and their families.....the link below will take you to a very sad video.....it is graphic, and you will cry. Watch it or not.....but please remember.

Thanks.

Please Remember

1 comment:

Jen Shults said...

Oh, MaryAnn, I can't imagine teaching 3rd grade that day. I was teaching middle school all the way out in the midwest and it was without a doubt the scariest day of my life. I just can't imagine what you went through. (((HUGS)))