Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sorry I'm late.....

So now that the kids are in school, I *was* going to blog everyday....but I had a really crappy weekend....actually, my crappy weekend started on Thursday while I was printing shipping labels on Paypal. I noticed a charge to some online gaming company that was not mine. Hmmmmm......turns out some bozo got a hold of my Paypal debit card number and was buying games. Great. Of course, Paypal is doing some sort of updates on their site and nothing worked, so I spent most of the day on the phone with them trying to clear this up. (NO, I didn't lose my card, it's right here. NO, I don't know how they got the number...blahblahblah)

Paypal suggests I call the onling gaming place as the order is marked as pending....maybe they can stop it. So I do. Those people were SO unhelpful, I couldn't believe it. After I tell them the situation, they try to tell me more than once it is probably one of my kids, that happens all the time. They are 5 and 6, I tell him, it's not them. SO then this guy goes on to tell me that not only can he *not* stop the transaction, but he actually has the name and address of the bozo that stole my number, but isn't allowed to give it to me for security reasons! WHAAAAAT? So, this dork can steal my debit card number, and HIS privacy is secure?? I have a few choice words for him, but decide to let Paypal take care of it.

On Friday I get a message from the doctor's office telling me to call them back to discuss my 6 year old's blood work. He had Lyme's Disease this past summer (AGAIN) and I figured it wasn't completely gone and needed more meds. Well, noooooooo......I call and the doctor left already for the weekend (12:30 pm) and so I talked to the nurse, who tells me he has hypothyroidism. Huh? They want to call in meds and follow up with more blood work in 3 weeks and have him eventually go to an endocrinologist. Huh? So I'm in shock and hang up. I then realize they never gave me the results of the Lyme's test, and I now have a million questions, so I call back literally 5 minutes later. I get the answering machine and THEY ARE CLOSED. So, they basically dropped this in my lap to fester all weekend long. Thanks.

So, on Saturday it's monsooning. I'm printing more labels when, you guessed it, there are MORE charges on my debit card to the same gaming place and Napster! How can this BE....I canceled the card! Back on the phone with Paypal....they were all done right before the card was canceled. Swell. Whoever this bozo is should watch their back. I will find you. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

So, there's more, but I will bore you no longer. On the up side, I did finish the attic room over the weekend. Props to Empire Carpet, they really *do* install the next day! They were here Friday night, and I had carpet by Saturday! Want to see?

No comments: